This position will be based at the Phalaborwa, Limpopo Province.
The purpose of this position is to safely, cost-effectively and accurately identify, plan & schedule maintenance and shutdown work and maintain master data in the planned maintenance system.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Link new materials to Bill of Materials (BOM) and update BOM on SAGE.
- Load new task lists and update existing task lists on the system.
- Capture, update and maintain maintenance plans.
- Determine maintenance needs and coordinate with relevant internal or external Artisans.
- Create Work Orders and allocate the task lists to the relevant Supervisors.
- Create Requisitions for non-stock items and allocate components.
- Release Purchase Requisitions / Work Order Permits.
- Check material and follow up on material availability and arrange expediting if necessary.
- Report discrepancies for scheduled materials on a weekly basis.
- Release planned work and monitor the forward workload.
- Estimate Work Order costs.
- Allocate resources, arrange weekly planning meetings and create maintenance schedules.
- Estimate the cost of scheduled work for the week.
- Communicate and issue the schedule.
- Print Work Orders as required to ensure maintenance according to the maintenance plan.
- Optimise resource levelling through the use of internal or contractor Artisans for planned work.
- Create Service Entry Sheets for planned work.
- Verify contractor attendance the week before the job is scheduled to startCollate all required paperwork for legal appointments.
- Coordinate medical bookings and other site / client specific requirements.
- Assist with Health & Safety campaigns as and when required.
- Compile various reports according to organizational and client requirements.
- Grade 12
- Valid Trade Test Certificate will be advantageous
Experience & Skills Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering planning or maintenance environment
- English language proficiency
- Time management skills
- Computer literate in MS Office
- Relevant planned maintenance system training
Closing Date: 22 November 2023