Ever wanted to work at News24? Media24 has a number of internship positions in its Joburg and Cape Town offices for digitally savvy journalists as part of the Media24 Graduate Programme to start in February 2024.
- you have a degree or diploma in journalism, languages, politics of media studies.
- you love stories and storytelling no matter what format and platform.
- you can write like a dream but are also interested in digital media.
- you’re capable of producing engaging videos that can hold attention for more than 20 seconds.
- you are comfortable shooting a video on a smartphone.
- you’re curious about the world and the people who live in it.
- you’re hungry to learn and grow.
Some skills we need:
- Excellent storytelling skills both in words and in video format.
- The ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
- The ability to find a fresh angle on a story and to generate original ideas.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok.
- The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
- Drive, energy and basic awesomeness.
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing stories for Media24 platforms, in the world of news at News24.
- Working on social media platforms in various formats, including video.
- Assisting the team with uploading content when required.
- Scouring the web for interesting stories that our audiences will love.
- Assisting with curating content or compiling newsletters that our audiences will want to open.
- Assisting with producing/managing digital campaigns.
Media24 is South Africa’s leading media company with interests in digital media and services, newspapers, magazines, ecommerce, book publishing, printing and distribution.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups, including those with disabilities.
Closing date: 27/11/23