Metropolitan is one of the oldest financial services brands in South Africa. With a 125-year legacy of
serving the communities in which it operates, Metropolitan represents true empowerment in serving
Africa’s people through affordable financial solutions that create financial growth and security.
Metropolitan operates in South Africa, but the brand is also present in 12 African countries including,
Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Lesotho, and Swaziland. Metropolitan provides financial
wellness solutions that meet the needs of low-income clients, including funeral insurance, health,
savings,hospital cash-back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance.
Visit us at: www.metropolitan.co.za
Ensure the smooth running of the business by providing effective administrative assistance to the Regional Manager.
Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
• Office administration, secretarial or equivalent qualification
• 3-4 years’ relevant experience (essential)
• Exposure to supporting a manager or team (desirable)
• Exposure to the insurance industry (essential)
Duties And Responsibilities
- Proactively manage, coordinate and maintain the diary of the line manager.
- Coordinate all aspects of meetings, workshops and functions (venue logistics, catering) according to manager’s requirements, and within budget parameters.
- Administrative support for meetings and workshops (collate, compile and distribute agendas, presentations, minutes within agreed timeframes).
- Manage travel arrangements for manager, according to agreed business process and budget parameters.
- Manage incoming calls and correspondence (paper and electronic), responding independently where possible and in line with authorised judgement.
- Order and control refreshments, office supplies and equipment, ensuring enough stock is always available, in line with budget parameters.
- Ensure files (paper and electronic) are kept in order and easily accessible by manager.
- Prepare and check invoices and arrange for payments to ensure adherence to requirements
and Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure office equipment is regularly maintained by relevant service providers.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communication on behalf of line manager, where appropriate, ensuring efficiency and timeous response.
- Escalate faults and other housekeeping issues with the relevant service provider and ensure queries are resolved within agreed Service Level Agreements
- Provide authoritative, expertise and advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver on service level agreements made with clients and internal and external stakeholders in order to ensure that client expectations are managed.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Participate and contribute to a culture which builds rewarding relationships, facilitates feedback and provides exceptional client service.
- Develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Positively influence and participate in change initiatives.
- Continuously develop own expertise in terms of professional, industry and legislation knowledge.
- Contribute to continuous innovation through the development, sharing and implementation of new ideas.
- Take ownership for driving career development.
- Manage and reconcile expenses in line with allocated budget and within defined policy
- Contribute to the financial planning process within area.
- Identify opportunities to enhance cost effectiveness and increase operational efficiency.
- Manage financial and other company resources under your control with due respect.
- Provide input into the risk identification processes and communicate recommendations in
the appropriate forum.
- Interacting with People
- Embracing Change
- Checking things
- Making Decisions
- Team Working
- Following Procedures
- Showing Composure
- Meeting Timescales
Closing date: 30/09/2023