CLOSING DATE: 25 JULY 2023
Duties & Responsibilities
•To ensure that the Company’s and Statutory regulations regarding cleanliness are
complied with within all tasks undertaken.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the scullery.
- Ensure hygiene standards, health and safety standards are met at all times.
- To maintain the Company’s standard of hygiene and cleanliness of all crockery,
cutlery, glassware, kitchen and dining room utensils.
- To ensure removal of refuse from scullery area.
- To assist in other areas of the unit when required and to attend to all reasonable
requests made by management.
- Fridges in the walk-in cold rooms must be cleaned.
- No cleaning agents must be left in public areas.
- Safety signs/boards must be placed in areas where cleaning is in progress.
- Ensure that the outside area of the store is clean and inviting at all times.
- The back of the store must be clean and tidy at all times, and must comply with health
- The cleaner must assist in various other areas in the unit when it is not busy.
- Clean food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
- Clean walls and windows.
- Clean and disinfect laundry, kitchen, toilet and bathroom fixtures
- May be required to assist with any other duties that may be outside scope of
Skills and Competencies
- Interpersonal Skills: Client/customer interface
- Trustworthy and Reliable
- Attention to details
- Must enjoy practical and methodical work
- Be honest and reliable
- Have good hand-eye coordination
- Be able to work quickly and safely
- Have good personal hygiene
- Be free from skin allergies to foods and detergents
- Have good communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
Previous experience working in a Hospital as a General Assistant