THE JOB AT A GLANCE
To maintain mechanical equipment in good order by adhering to maintenance procedures to enable Production Department to meet production targets.
- Machinery available and utilised to full capacity.
- Planned maintenance executed and improved operational efficiency at all machines assigned to the position.
- Electrical and mechanical maintenance / repairs on equipment
- Preventative maintenance.
- To minimise plant downtime through efficient & effective maintenance.
- Rewiring of electrical machinery with a view to effective improvements.
- Overhaul spare / old machinery to be available when breakdowns occur.
- Maintain NH3 Refrigeration plant.
- Maintain site services, boiler steam lines.
- To minimise plant downtime through efficient & effective maintenance in line with good engineering practice & the
- Company’s Standard Operating Procedures § To efficiently manage stocks of spares & equipment needed to maintain Plant
- To maximise Plant efficiency through continuous improvement
- To adhere to Company health and safety procedures and the OHS Act
- 3 years + Millwright experience in fast moving packaging machines
- 3 years experience in a FMCG
- 3 years working in a Electro-Mechanics environment
- Industrial Ammonia refrigeration plant operation (advantage) and maintenance of coal fired boilers.
- Acceptable level of skill regarding Argon welding.
- Good knowledge of frequency inverters and Drum motors.
- Matric or equivalent
- N3 Electrical Engineering and/or Mechanical Engineering
- Electro-mechanics Trade Test.
Attributes & Competencies
- Technical skills – mechanical and engineering
- Teamwork – working effectively with others
- Analytical – apply fault finding techniques to diagnose and repair equipment
- Communication – communicate effectively with others
- High energy levels, disciplines and operationally effective
Tiger Brands is proudly Africa’s largest listed manufacturers of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG). We impact lives every day with our iconic, award-winning brands. Our core business is the manufacture, market and distribute everyday branded food and beverages. Our products are relevant across every meal occasion and are well positioned to grow.
Being a food company means we’re an intimate part of everybody’s daily lives and that’s why we get loud and proud about exploring further, roaring louder and growing together.