Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
Job SummaryCIB-Investment Banking Team is currently looking for a Security Agent to manage a Pan Africa portfolio , primarily responsible for collateral of syndicated loans and deal management of co-ordinating loan drawdown and repayments. Act as a mediator between borrower and lenders , ensuring timely resolution of financial undertakings.
- Deals originated are managed effectively within operating capabilities in line with legal, regulatory and compliance requirements. With maximum use of loan system ,ACBS
- Liaison with Borrowers and Lenders of Syndicates, as well as advisors to the Lenders (external parties)
- Coordinate tasks associated with receiving security, including (but not limited to) tasks relating to release security, fees and expense payments due by clients (Financial Administration).
- Liaison with Transaction Administration, Asset Management Team and other stakeholders within Absa (internal parties) to ensure effective safekeeping of security.
- Attending to ad hoc request from Lenders and Borrower in relation to Security Administration
- Attend to the Financial Administration of syndicated loans in accordance with the provisions of the relevant facilities agreements and finance documents with appropriate attention to detail.
- Interpretation of Facility Agreements and other finance documents for purposes of generating cash flows models based on that documentation;
- Generating cashflows models for purposes of communicating to Lenders amounts due by or to them from Borrowers;
- Attending to issue of interest reset letters on interest reset dates, as well as commitment fee letters and other correspondence communicating amounts payable by, or to, Borrowers;
- Addressing queries from Lenders relating to cashflows (and where applicable, cashflows models) with a view to agreeing a common position among Lenders in relation to payments due by or to them before communicating this to Borrowers;
- Responding to queries from, and challenges by, Borrowers in relation to cashflows due by or to them and/or payments previously made by or to them;
- Liaising with Loan Operations (Absa) and PCG for purposes of effecting cashflows payments to, and allocate cashflows payments received by, Borrowers and Lenders, including those relating to loan draw downs, repayments, and prepayments, as well as interest payments, fees (arrangement and commitment fees) and expenses recoverable in terms of Facilities Agreements and other finance documents;
- Attending to ad hoc request from Lenders and Borrower in relation to Financial Administration
- Monitoring Borrower compliance with relevant documentation;
- Effective communication with internal and external parties;
- Facilitating waivers, consents, amendments and supplements to documentation, as well as with assignments of commitments and participations in loans;
- Reviewing draft documentation to ensure that the role of the Facility Agent is in line with the LMA standard.
- Maintain a good knowledge of relevant legislation, governance, regulation, risk management practices
- Good knowledge of risk concepts
EducationBachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups whose appointments will contribute towards achievement of equitable demographic representation of our workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the post as advertised