AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
NATIONAL BRANDS LIMITED operates 5 manufacturing sites, offering world class manufacturing facilities in Isando (Johannesburg), Rosslyn (Pretoria), Westmead and Durban (KZN). It is home to some of the best-known South African tea, coffee and creamer brands, including our delicious range of much-loved savoury and sweet biscuits, and our melt-in-your-mouth snack range.
We are looking for a FOOD SCIENCE GRADUATE to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things. Our Graduate Programme starts in January 2024 and runs for 24-months on a fixed-term contract.
The AVI-Graduate Programme incorporates a holistic experience of technical, leadership, business development, mentorship and practical experience. As one of our Graduates you will be exposed to a host of diverse corporate situations spanning from key improvement projects, CSI Initiatives, skills training and behavioural development. We have had the privileged of grooming many young ambitious professionals into successful leaders in our business and excited to walk the journey with you.
Why our Graduates choose AVI
- Real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance and support
- Offered meaningful work and opportunities to contribute
- Held accountable for quality and delivery
What you will be doing:
- Research and Development process optimisation projects
- New product trials
- Technical and quality assurance support
- Analyzing data for protocols and reporting purposes
What you will need to be considered:
- A BSc in Food Sciences is essential
- A BSc Honours or Masters in Food Science will be advantageous
- Have a minimum average of 70% in your final year of studies
- Must be willing to travel between sites
- Must be willing to work across shifts-ad hoc basis
What makes you exceptional:
- You are an energetic individual prepare to undertake factory operations.
- You are an analytical thinker that is focused on finding solutions to problems, effectively gathering and analysing information by asking probing questions and thinking things through
- You focus on finding and documenting the facts to better understand the logic behind a problem
- You can adopt a conceptual approach when developing new ideas; I identify the underlying principles of the problem and apply relevant theories when possible.
- You are reliable and complete your work in accordance with deadlines
- You focus on consistently delivering high quality work by being meticulous and continually checking the detail of your work
- You can build and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with others
- You cope well with pressure by remaining calm and composed before and during important or stressful events
- You are confident and articulate when you communicate, you can explain concepts to other people when giving presentations
Deadline:20 July 2023