Spescare is searching for a qualified Social Worker for our rehabilitation hospital in George, Western Cape.
Spescare operates a range of multi-disciplinary Sub-Acute and Rehabilitation Hospitals in South Africa, that specialises in physical and medical rehabilitation services. We treat patients who are recovering from an accident, illness, injury, surgery or physical or cognitive disability.
REQUIREMENTS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING
- BA Social Work Degree (copy of degree to be provided)
- Maintain CPD standing as required by SACSSP
- SACSSP registration
- Willingness and passion to work with an interdisciplinary team.
- Valid driver’s license with own transport
- Previous experience in the medical / rehabilitation field will be advantageous.
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of the ICF Framework
- Good written and spoken English language skills (Afrikaans and Xhosa will be advantageous)
- Effective interdisciplinary team member
- Awareness of evidence base for interventions
- Computer literacy (Beginner/intermediate Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook)
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Able to work independently.
- Good awareness of local resources
- Analysis & decision making
- Willingness to change.
Closing date for applications is 20 July 2023
The Employer reserves the right to withdraw the advertisement at any time.