Senior Grain Grader
Senwes is one of the leading agricultural companies in South Africa. Senwes serves the agri and food sector from farmgate to milldoor with a strategic focus which rests on six pillars – agricultural services, resources, investments, logistical services, financial services and corporate support services. Break new grounds with Senwes.
Reference Number: GC-6055 Closing Date: 31 July 2023 (24 days)Company: Senwes
Location: Various Locations Department: Grainlink (Agriculture)
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- National Senior Certificate.
- All relevant grading certificates.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in grain handling and grading.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining accuracy and accountability in all aspects of the job.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Ensures that grain materials are correctly and accurately sampled and graded through close supervision, follow-up and control.
- Ensures that product quality is maintained throughout storage timeframe of grain through close monitoring, analysing information/reports, and by making timeous decisions.
- Ensures correct dispatching of grain through close supervision, and timeous.
- Ensure correct and safe fumigation of grain when necessary.
- Ensures that the silo premises are clean, neat, tidy and without insect infestation through timeous allocation of tasks, follow-up and close supervision.
- Ensures that all mechanical equipment is regularly serviced and maintained on a consistent basis by initiating maintenance/service requests via line supervisor.
- Ensures that loss control is implemented and adhered to effectively and accurately through hands-on supervision and follow-up.
- Engages in informal discussions with general working staff to bring about improvements in work standards and attitude.
- Evaluates levels of competence and assists with on-the-job training when and as necessary.
- Ensure Compliance to Health & Safety Regulations.
- Assists with general office administration.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or other legally protected status.
Kindly note that a consumer credit record will be requested in respect of all appointments which involve dealing with cash or finances.
Should you meet the above requirements and be of the opinion that you can make a contribution to the company, kindly register and apply on our Career Page at www.groupcareers.co.za
Should we not have contacted you within six weeks of the closing date, you may assume that your application has been unsuccessful.