Reporting to the Fleet Manager
The above position is vacant at our Parow Branch. The overall purpose of this position is to repair the company vehicles when needed.
- Clear criminal record
- Qualified – Trade certificate in diesel/petrol mechanics to work on various vehicles
- At least 5 years’ diesel mechanic’s experience
- Experience with Toyota Dyna’s; Hino 300’s; Hilux D4D’s; Nissan MP200’s is an advantage
- Valid drivers’ license (code 10 is advantageous)
- Own transport is advantageous
- Able to work under pressure, unsupervised and multitask
- Must be prepared to work irregular hours, i.e. standby duties; shifts and overtime
- Physically fit
- Rebuild a diesel and petrol engine (various makes of vehicles)
- Servicing of vehicles
- Perform day to day maintenance on vehicles
- Compile paperwork for each vehicle
- Performing basic workshop duties
Other Personality Attributes and core competencies:
- Must be honest and reliable
- Must have good verbal and language abilities
- Able to follow instructions accurately
- Problem solving
- Pay attention to detail
- Must be self- motivated
- Willing to work overtime
- Quality assurance
- Excellent organisation and planning ability
- Time management and punctuality
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.