AVI Ltd. is known for its leading household brands across many categories including: hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, personal care products, cosmetics, shoes, accessories, and fashion apparel.
A love for the sea and passion for fishing are the driving forces behind I&J, a leading fishing company and manufacturer of high quality chilled and frozen foods. Almost 110 years old, I&J is the trusted name in seafood, operating a modern and efficient trawler fleet, and continually investing in the training and development of experienced fishing crews, committed to fishing responsibly, with a long-term vision.
I&J has achieved and maintained accreditation from the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) since 2004. I&J is a globally respected supplier of high quality, chilled and frozen Cape Hake and a leading producer of farmed Cape Abalone. It is also one of AVI’s great South African brands. I&J is proudly South African and investing in, and empowering, the communities in which it operates.
We are looking for a SALES AND MARKETING GRADUATE to join a company that employs real people to do exceptional things. Your time with us will start in January 2024 and our programme runs for 24 months.
The AVI-Graduate Programme incorporates a holistic experience of mentorship, practical exposure and technical, leadership and business development opportunities. As one of our Graduates you will be exposed to a host of diverse corporate situations spanning from key improvement projects, CSI Initiatives, skills training and behavioural development. We have had the privileged of grooming many young ambitious professionals into successful leaders in our business and are excited to walk this exciting journey with you.
Why our Graduates choose AVI
- Real exposure and practical learning in actual working environments
- Encouraged to be involved and think of alternative solutions to genuine business issues
- Constant mentorship, guidance and support
- Offered meaningful work and opportunities to contribute
- Held accountable for quality and delivery
What you will be doing:
- Product Training – visit customers and present current and new products and demonstrate the features and benefits thereof.
- Promotional Gifts – assist with sourcing gifts specific to customer needs and requirements.
- Food Shows – prepare all the necessary equipment, products and marketing material required as per customer calendar.
- NPD – complete the required forms as per the Workflow process.
- Data Base – ensure customer data base specific to pricing and promotions is up to date.
- Pricing – ensure that the pricing file is up to date.
- Sales Data – preparation of daily, weekly and monthly information as per management reports and all other ad hoc queries.
- Market Intelligence – scan the market for any changes in market dynamics in respect of product launches, prices, quality and channels.
- Admin – filing of ad hoc documents.
- Customers – sales reviews to measure monthly and year to date performance and identify potential opportunities and shortfalls.
- Costing and Margins – track daily against historical data and remedy as required.
- Forecasts – update forecasts as per customer requirements and action with specific departments as and when required.
What you will need to be considered:
- A. or B.Com Degree in Marketing
- Have a minimum average of 60% in your final year of studies
- Must be willing to travel between sites
- Must be willing to work across shifts-ad hoc basis
- Ability to work in a food processing environment and be hands on when required
What makes you exceptional:
- You are focused on finding solutions to problem, effectively gathering and analysing information by asking probing questions and thinking things through.
- You apply technology to quantify problems and interpret data in rational and objective manner.
- You apply practical skills and logic when solving a problem
- You build and strengthen mutually beneficial partnerships with others both internal and external
- You are comfortable to calm others when they are upset or angry and you are ready to resolve conflict when necessary.
- You are open towards change as you embrace the uncertainty and evolve with the times.
- You are focused on sales and constantly on the lookout for new business opportunities, so that you can outperform competitors.
- You aim to achieve fantastic results by being determined and persisting through difficulties.