AVI LIMITED is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands! Listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange and centred on the FMCG market, AVI’s extensive brand portfolio includes more than 50 brands. Our brands span a range of categories including hot beverages, sweet and savoury biscuits and snacks, frozen convenience foods, out-of-home ranges, personal care products, cosmetics, footwear, accessories, and fashion apparel.
We have a well-developed Shared Services structure spanning: International, IT, Finance, Logistics, Marketing, Procurement and Field Marketing, which allows us to take advantage of our scale. Our single-minded purpose is our brands’ growth and development.
An exciting opportunity exists for a NETWORK ENGINEER – CCNP Wireless, Routing and Switching at AVI LIMITED in Cape Town, Western Cape. As the successful candidates, you will be responsible for the configuration, installation, maintenance and optimization of the group’s network and associated systems. This includes various network systems and technologies such as site LAN (Local Area Network), WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network), WAN (Wide Area Network), Data Centre Switching platforms and VVT (Voice and Video Technologies).
Key Performance Areas:
- Design, deploy, manage and optimise the Network connectivity architecture of the organization to best suit the business requirements
- Continuous collaboration with other Infrastructure teams to facilitate knowledge sharing and constant optimization of the network platforms
- Research and provide key technical input into AVI ITSS Strategic decisions concerning the Network Engineering space
- To ensure that AVI Infrastructure is effectively managed
- This includes maintenance (system patches and upgrades), monitoring and driving stability through internal corporate governance
- Third level operational support of the entire network environment. This includes maintaining a 98% SLA
- 3 Years’ deployment and managing Enterprise-scale Networking platforms
- 3 Years’ Enterprise Data Centre Network Architecture
- 3 Years’ Management and Administration of Enterprise-Wide, Local Area and Voice Networks
- 3 Years’ Management and Administration of Enterprise Security Systems
- 3 Years’ Deployment, Management and Administration of Enterprise Authentication Infrastructure
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate (Wireless)
- CCNP – Cisco Certified Network Professional (Routing and Switching)
Technical Competencies & Knowledge:
- Enterprise-scale LAN systems (STP, VTP, Port-channel, Trunking, VLANs, VACL’s, VRF’s, Stacking etc.)
- In-depth protocol knowledge (HTTP/S, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, NTP, SSH, FTP and other web-based protocols)
- Networking technologies, principles and protocols based on OSI model, TCP/IP, UDP, IP addressing and MAC addresses etc.
- Enterprise-scale WAN systems (Routing with BGP, CBQoS, NetFlow, SNMP monitoring, fibre, wireless and GSM mediums etc.)
- Security Technologies (Zone-based Firewalling, IPS, Web Filtering, IPSec VPN etc.)
- Enterprise Wi-Fi technologies and infrastructure, including both autonomous and central deployments (802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ad, AP’s, Wi-Fi controllers)
- Enterprise-scale Data Centre switching platforms (VRF, iSCSI, Fiber-channel, vPC, Port-channel, Trunking, VLANs, VACL’s, etc.)
- Thinking Analytical
- Interpreting Data
- Thinking Rationally
- Building Relationships
- Staying Composed
- Meeting Deadlines
- Attention to Detail
- Minimising Risk