Viking Fishing Division
Viking Fishing, a Division of Sea Harvest, has the position available for a Berthing Attendant reporting to the Shores Supervisor.
- Shifting of vessels
- Operating of Hyster/Forklift
- Docking of vessels
- Offloading deck load (excess boxes of fish) from various vessels
- Cleaning of fish holds on vessels
- Loading of cartons on Freezer vessels
- Loading of bins (wet-fish vessels)
- Assisting with the loading of stores, deck, factory and engineering
- Conduct safety checks for the mooring ropes, winch ropes (used to shift vessels) to ensure safe access from vessel to vessel.
- Cleaning of bin store and stacking of bins
- Fetching of fenders/tyres to be hanged between vessels
- Gangway repairs (fitting of net around the gangways)
- Cleaning of the quayside-removing pallets, bins and fenders off quayside
- Minimum 2 years berthing experience
- Preferably have Grade 12
- Must have a Hyster license and relevant experience
- Positive attitude, reliable and punctual
- Good time management with tasks
- Hands-on approach
- Understanding and adhering to the company’s Health and Safety standards.
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends
- Medically fit and energetic
- Work well in a team and follow instructions
Should you meet the above requirements please forward your application by close of business on Friday, 30 JUNE 2023.
If we don’t contact you after 10 days of closing this advert, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Viking Fishing, a Division of Sea Harvest, is committed to principles of Employment Equity Act.