Positions exist for the use and application of Firefighters within the Fidelity Group to respond and deal with any and all fire related incidents.
The main responsibilities include but are not limited to response of Fire incidents and firefighting, emergency rescue services, rendering basic medical care, fire prevention and training activities, operating and maintaining of firefighting equipment and apparatus and all related work as required under supervision in order to protect the lives and property of the clients of the Fidelity Group.
Key areas of responsibility: (Not totally inclusive) carries out firefighting activities and emergency operations under guidance, mentorship and supervision of seniors and officer-in-charge by:
- Responding to fires, rescues and related emergency and non-emergency humanitarian incidents
- Responding to incidents involving hazardous substances
- Extricating and/or releasing casualties and conducting emergency operations as directed by the level of authority
- Resuscitating and treating injured persons and conducting emergency operations as directed by next level authority
- Operating a range of equipment to control, manage and extinguish fires
- Operating mobile and fixed breathing apparatus
- Undertaking fire protection duties in situations that potentially threaten lives or property and having available appropriate equipment as directed by supervisors
- Preparing for emergency incidents and protection duties under the guidance, mentorship and supervision of seniors and officers in charge
- Participate in training drills, simulation exercises and physical fitness training as directed
- To train all relevant employees on the theory and practice necessary to fight fires
- Advise on preventative and corrective actions. Conduct health and safety inspections to ensure a safe environment
- Implement the relevant procedures, strategies and use the proper equipment to promote local or national security activities for the protection of data, people, institutions and property
- Perform basic level maintenance on equipment to ensure operational readiness
- Checking, cleaning, testing and maintaining vehicles and equipment
- Complete computerised occurrence log in order to maintain proper records of daily incidents
Qualifications, experience and other competencies required:
- Grade 12 as a minimum school qualification
- IFSAC Accredited
- NFPA 1001 Firefighter 2 certification
- Firefighter II Certification
- Firefighting training and at least 2 years related experience are essential
- Valid, unendorsed vehicle driver’s license
- Advanced driving experience advantageous
- Medically and physically fit
- Good understanding and practice of Fire prevention procedures
- Knowledge of Fire-fighting systems (namely systems used to extinguish fires, the classes and chemistry of fire
- Clear criminal record.
- Capability to react within efficient time frames to emergency situations
- Administration, interpersonal communication and customer liaison skills are required.
- Hazmat experience and knowledge
- EMT certification
- First Aid levels 1 to 3
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Sound understanding of the Hazmat guidelines
- Sound understanding of the Security Industry and how to act within the code of conduct of the Group and Regulatory Authority.
- Sound understanding of fundamental elements related to firefighter instructor applications within an operational role.
Interested candidates whose credentials best match the requirements can send their CVs by no later than Thursday 30th June 2023.
It is company policy that preference is given to existing employees and the choice is made purely on merit. We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.