Rosebank College, the Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) is one of the leading private higher education institutions in the country registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training. For over 70 years IIE Rosebank College has delivered quality tertiary education to students across South Africa. Situated in bustling cities, IIE Rosebank College embraces the same vibrant environment which allows over 20 000 students to connect with the heart of the institution. Our exceptional growth is creating a once in a life-time opportunities to suitable incumbents.
To play a crucial role in fostering strong relationships between our institution and its alumni community. Primary responsibility will be to develop and implement strategies to engage, involve, and mobilize our alumni, with the ultimate goal of enhancing their connection and contribution to our institution.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Alumni Engagement Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive alumni engagement strategy that aligns with IIE Rosebank College’s goals and objectives. This includes identifying opportunities for alumni involvement, organizing events, and implementing targeted communications campaigns.
- Relation Building: Cultivate strong relationships with alumni by understanding their needs, interests, and aspirations. Act as a point of contact for Alumni, providing guidance, support, and resources required.
- Event Planning and Execution: Organize and oversee various alumni events such as reunions, networking receptions, career fairs, and professional development workshops. Collaborate with other departments to ensure successful event planning and execution.
- Alumni Communication: Develop and implement effective communication strategies to keep alumni informed about the institution’s news, achievements, and opportunities for involvement. Utilize various channels, including newsletters, social media, and alumni websites, to maintain regular contact and foster a sense of community.
- Volunteer Management: Recruit, train, and manage alumni volunteers for various initiatives, including mentoring programs, fundraising campaigns, and student support services. Provide ongoing support and recognition to volunteers, ensuring their positive engagement with the institution.
- Fundraising Support: Collaborate with the fundraising team to identify and cultivate potential donors among the alumni community. Assist in organizing fundraising campaigns and events, leveraging alumni networks to maximize philanthropic contributions.
- Data Management: Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of alumni interactions, including contact information, engagement activities, and outcomes. Utilize data analytics to measure alumni engagement and identify areas of improvement.
- Collaboration and Stakeholder Management: Collaborate with various internal stakeholders, including faculty members, staff, students, and external partners, to leverage their expertise and resources in engaging alumni. Foster productive relationships with Alumni chapters, affinity groups, and industry associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as (Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or Education is preferred)
- Proven experience in Alumni Relations, event planning, or related fields, preferably within the high-education sector
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage and inspire diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational and project management abilities, with the capacity to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in utilizing digital platforms and social media for Alumni engagement.
- Familiarity with fundraising principles and strategies is advantageous.
- Knowledge of South Africa’s tertiary education landscape and the challenges and opportunities associated with Alumni relations in the country.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse stakeholders and foster a sense of community.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Knowledge and understanding of the South African higher education systems and regulatory framework.
- The ability to work with and learn more about digitalized academic platforms.
- The ability to cope with a frequently changing environment and to adapt to evolving situations.
- Ability to adhere to rules and strictly follow work regulations.
- Deadline orientated and can work well under pressure.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact “HRO Recruiter” on 0114033680
Rosebank College is an equal opportunities employer however preference will be given to EE and South African candidates.