SplashOut has an exciting opportunity available for a Social Media Co-Ordinator (SBN) to be based in Umhlanga, Durban. The successful incumbent will actively manage the social media image of the Soccer Betting News (SBN) publication using the different social media platforms available. Ensure achievement of the company’s strategic objectives, goal plans and targets. Ensure that there is compliance with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting is done accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making.
- Understanding of Betting
- Computer literate (MS Word; MS Outlook & MS Excel)
- Must have an understanding of Soccer (International and Local)
- Strong writing skills
- Responsible for the management of the SBN social media platforms.
- Responsible for live sporting updates and soccer news on the social media platforms.
- Increase the base of followers on all social media platforms.
- Maintaining up-to-date live scores, betting, stats, and news on social media platforms.
- Maintaining the SBN website and responsible for loading articles and liaising with online clients.
- Write ad-hoc articles which are featured in the SBN.
- Performance must be tracked by yourself and the is placed on you to set-up performance review meetings with your Line Manager.
- Compliance, risk and quality.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- 100% compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure content activity in the social media post.
- Ensure that all documents are chronologically saved or backed up.
- Ensure that the social media posts are free from racial; gender bias; derogatory or defamatory comments.
Growth and new markets/ products
- Ensure measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short; medium- and long-term goals.
- Assist with the new SBN initiatives and projects as and when these become due.
- Actively seek methods to attract new customers and enhance the social media image of the publication.
- Keep abreast of the competition in the soccer publications market and ensure that the SBN social media image is of a high quality.
Skills and competencies:
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of accountability
- Computer skills
- Time management
- Results driven
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.