Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The Business is looking to build a ready now talent pipeline for Professional Nurse who are ready, assessed to fill vacancies when opportunities arise.
We are looking for a Professional Nurse to support initiation and follow-up care for HIV/ TB infected clients, provide PrEP, STI treatment and ensure full implementation of the 95 95 95 activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Champion the Anova 95-95-95 in-facility activities by leading the facility meetings and supporting weekly data review, monitor attendance and liaise between Anova and the facility.
- Work with the outreach teams to get referrals and to initiate ART for eligible HIV infected clients including PrEP
- Provide follow up care for patients on treatment in line with DoH HIV Management guidelines as well as Anova work plan and Facility 95-95-95 plans.
- Routinely monitor performance & registers of (TB/HIV/STI) programmes at facility level and provide mentorship & technical support where required.
- Identify poor performing indicators, put together quality improvement (QI) plans and implement as agreed upon with the facility team.
- Identify training needs at facility level and arrange in-service training where needed.
- Train clinic staff on MSM Diversity trainer and biomedical training and mentor staff at facilities
- Use relevant M&E tools to report weekly to Anova sub-district team on number of clients initiated on ART and TPT
- Support facilities with implementation of I-ACT support groups and Chronic treatment clubs in line with Anova’s work plan
- Attend weekly multi-disciplinary meeting.
- Be part of HITT projects for data clean-up
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- A degree or diploma qualification as a Professional Nurse
- Registration as a Professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council
- NIMART trained and certified as competent to work independently.
- At least 4 years’ experience in working at a clinic (PHC or CHC) facility.
- At least 2 years NIMART experience
- Familiar with latest HIV Management, PrEP, STI and TB and guidelines
- PHC Qualification is advantageous.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Driver’s License is required and ability to drive.
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto. Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za
Closing 16 June 2023