The IM PMO supports our stakeholders with functional governance, risk management, transparent reporting and decision support information throughout the full project life cycle thereby ensuring maximum value delivery of the strategically aligned and balanced IM portfolio for all company BUs. We do this by using our collective experience, skills, and culture of continuous improvement, supported by proven best practice models, techniques and methods. The PMO Analyst is a critical player in the project management cycle, who works in a Project/Program Management Office (PMO) reporting to the PMO Specialist and portfolios to ensure compliance with the Global IM Project Delivery Policy.
To support the efforts of the Global IM project management office by tracking project performance against timelines, cost and quality indicators while overseeing projects valued at less than R100k, in line with the Global IM Delivery Policy. Tracking the information that comes into this hub efficiently and effectively.
- Monitor project in various portfolios.
- Monitor existing projects to ensure timely execution & completion. They closely follow project development and track that each stage is completed appropriately and within time and budget.
- Analyse data, portfolio and project information
- To identify better ways to do business as well as new business opportunities. This information is provided to senior management to guide their decision-making.
- Ensure the accuracy and data integrity of project related information.
- Maintain effective systems that capture and retain project related information and data.
- Prepare Portfolio Status Reports
- Knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Consolidate project related data into a suite of reports for the purpose of project tracking and stakeholder engagement using relevant tools.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to complete monthly project status reports and highlight any significant project issues.
- Understand ERP systems and extract ERP reports on the project financial data and portfolio financial reporting.
- Assist with reviewing and compiling monthly Cashflow Forecasts as well as assistance to project teams.
- Manage support requests for PPM Tool
- Track the governance compliance of projects in line with the Global IM Project Delivery Policy
Capbility for role:
PMO Analyst is a multitasker, with excellent computer skills. They are well organized and good at understanding the “big-picture,” while also having a keen eye for detail (prioritisation skills, balance key priorities). PMO Analysts need to be strong communicators, able to communicate with the workers they are managing and high-level leadership.
Mental Processing Ability
- Evidence of ability to complete work of 1 complexity.
- This work involves practical judgement based on knowledge and experience of learned routines. It involves real-time problem-solving, as a sequence of steps whereby an individual continues along a known pathway until an obstacle is perceived, then uses practical judgement to overcome it.
- Consistently displays a positive and engaged manner.
- Motivated, consistently works to best of ability to meet performance criteria Strives to do things significantly better
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelors degree or equivalent) in the relevant IM Discipline.
- Desirable: It would be advantageous to have a postgraduate qualification in the relevant IM discipline OR a proven track record of extensive practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity
- Prince2 Foundation Certificate
- PMO experience, controls and risk mitigation
- Proficiency in required languages.
- Provides a consistent outstanding role model in relation to safety practices with a deep understanding of the importance of safety.
- Understand required portfolio outputs and how own work contributes.
- Make recommendations on how to improve required work outputs.
- Problem-solve as a sequence of task steps.
- Comply with policy and work frameworks.
Social Process Skills
- Manage self.
- Communicate with team members and stakeholders in an effective manner.
- Plan and organise own work and any impact on others