Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ in Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Replenishment Packer to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be to ensure the efficient and accurate receiving and packing of stock in line with Dis-Chem standard operational procedures and requirements and
customer needs within the warehouse
- Grade 12 / Matric
- 1 Year relevant experience, in a Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain Environment
- 2nd Language – Read, write and speak.
- Verify that all products/ items received are correctly allocated to the designated warehouse space.
- Pack stock accurately and correctly into lugs or onto a pallet with pallet wrap.
- Identify any discrepancies occurring prior to the packing process such as damaged, misplaced goods, wrong labels and report the issues accordingly.
- Accurately identify any discrepancies such as physical damage, quantity variance, wrong documents etc. and inform management thereof.
- Apply a procedure of stock rotation when packing away stock.
- Ensure that barcodes that need correcting are blocked according to instruction and new codes are applied correctly.
- Ensure that all articles are completely packed with all components required.
- Knowledge of Distribution Centre, logistics and supply chain operations. Have knowledge of the business measures and targets, directly related to own role
- English –Read, write and speak
- Be able to communicate proactively in order to build co-operative relationships with internal and external customers.
- Understand consequential impacts of decisions made.
- Trustworthy and Honest.
- Demonstrates personal initiative.
- Be able to identify operational obstacles and opportunities and remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Time management, deadline driven and attention to detail.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African Citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE, PLEASE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.