IVANHOE MINES is looking for a Junior Legal Counsel
Ivanhoe Mines is a leading Canadian mining company committed to becoming a global leader in the supply of critical resources required to transition our world to a low-carbon, renewable future. Ivanhoe is focused on developing and expanding its four principal mining and exploration projects in Southern Africa. The development of the Kamoa-Kakula copper mining complex in the Democratic Republic of Congo(DRC), the Platreef palladium-rhodium-platinum-nickel-copper-gold discovery in South Africa, the extensive redevelopment and upgrading of the historic Kipushi zinc-copper-germanium-silver mine, also in the Democratic Republic of Congo and exploration on the Western Foreland, near Kamoa-Kakula.
Play your part in our team succeeding…
Ivanhoe Mines SA (Pty) Ltd is looking for a qualified attorney to join its dynamic in-house legal team as a Junior Legal Advisor. The role will be to provide general drafting and legal support to the senior member(s) of the team.
You will have the following:
- A LLB degree
- An admitted attorney of the High Court of South Africa
- Commercial and litigious legal drafting experience
- Experience in drafting and reviewing a variety of commercial contracts
- Valid driver’s licence
Personal Competencies should include:
- Honesty and integrity
- Being able to distill legal issues which need to be addressed in a variety of situations
- Good communication skills
- Strong ethics
- Good attitude towards seniors and peers
- Working well under pressure
- Working well in a team
Your Key Performance Activities will include but not limited to:
- Draft, review, edit, interpret contracts and other legal documents and correspondence
- General document management
- Assistance with applying for routine permits/licenses including ensuring that all correspondence with Government departments is up to date, liaising and co-ordinating consultants to ensure that applications are submitted and processed in a timely fashion
- Travelling to and from Limpopo to attend meetings and site visits
- Provide general assistance to the legal team in a timely manner
- Conduct research and provide solutions to legal queries
- Assist with general administrative tasks and document management
The finer details:
When applying, please submit a PDF version of your CV together with certified copies (certification within a 3-month period) of your ID/passport, drivers licence and qualifications.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date please consider your application unsuccessful.