- Co-ordinates, plans and schedules the day-to-day activities of ICT support staff and assists the team to provide technical and training support services. Provides on the job training to team members and feedback regarding job performance and progress. Co-ordinates systems installations and assists to retrieve stored data. Investigates and resolves system malfunctions or escalates accordingly. Consults with staff to achieve effective problem resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts daily checks on the IT infrastructure (LAN, WLAN, WAN, etc…) to monitor up time requirements and ensure that systems are running optimally.
- Installs new servers when required.
- Coordinates the deployment of systems and infrastructure within the campus.
- Ensures that the necessary security protocols and maintenance procedures for the campus are followed and executed timeously which includes, but not limited to software patching/updates, Bitlocker compliance, Antimalware compliance, SCO alerts, device imagine, and SCCM compliance.
- Interacts and liaises with vendors or service providers for support and troubleshooting where necessary.
2. Staff supervision
- Ensures that the campus has the necessary ICT support during operational hours
- Co-ordinates and oversees campus ICT support staff activities and engages in short to medium term tactical planning.
- Provides input into the ICT support’s interview and hiring process, leave request, appraisals, and KPA setting.
- Provide mentorship to ICT Supports
- Develops succession plan for ICT.
3. Service Delivery Escalations
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots hardware and software issues that are escalated from ICT Supports and complies and uploads KB articles for future reference.
- Attends to, defines, documents and hands back to the ICT Support any escalated ICT Support request that is not on the catalogue of services.
- Administers and maintains software, as per the agreed software list.
- Oversees the campus’s ICT Service Desk to ensure calls are correctly allocated and timeously addressed.
- 3-Year Diploma (NQF6) in Information Technology
- At least 3 years’ experience as ICT Support/Service Desk agent
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Systems
- Experience in an academic setting will be advantageous.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Saturday work is required.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy and systems administration.
- Time management and organisational skills
- Initiative and problem solving skills.
- Ability to cope in a pressured environment.
Classes are scheduled from 08h00am until 17h00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Market related.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact the IIE Rosebank College Braamfontein Campus on 011 403 3680
Rosebank College is an equal opportunities employer however preference will be given to EE and South African candidates.