The South African College of Applied Psychology (SACAP) is the leading independent provider of education in psychology, counselling and coaching, offering accredited undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications.
SACAP is looking for a Work Integrated Learning (WIL) Coordinator to represent the Johannesburg Campus for the Faculty of Applied Psychology. The WIL Coordinator will provide effective coordination of the Work Integrated Learning Department for the dedicated campus.
The role will support, coordinate, and administrate all WIL-related activities with the students enrolled in their studies on the Johannesburg Campus. The WIL Coordinator will work in close liaison with the Head of Work Integrated Learning and the Head of Campus for Johannesburg in fulfilment of their duties and responsibilities.
The candidate will be required to perform various functions that would include:
- Coordination of all WIL elements of both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes within the Faculty of Applied Psychology
- Conduct and teach preparatory workshops for both undergraduate and postgraduate WIL modules within the Faculty of Applied Psychology
- Support students whilst completing their practical hours while completing their WIL module
- Conduct individual and group supervision of all placement and practicum students
- Track and evaluate students’ progress and development throughout their WIL module
- Evaluate the students’ performance throughout the module
- Source new placement sites, and maintain strong relations with existing placement sites
- Allocate WIL students to SACAP accredited placement sites
- Allocation of supervisors
- Coordinate the work of educators and/or supervisors assisting the WIL department
- Liase with SACAP’s support departments on the progress of all WIL students
- Promote social impact
- General administrative duties
- Maintain progress and regular feedback with the HoWIL
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant 4-year degree in Psychology
- Registration with the HPCSA is essential
- Preferred BPsych or BPsych Equivalent degree and registration as a Registered Counsellor for a minimum of 3 years
- 2 years working experience in a similar role
- Excellent administrative skills
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Highly developed relationship-building /interpersonal skills
- A passion for social impact
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for Higher Education in South Africa, particularly in the Private Higher Education (PHEI) sector
- Responsible, reliable and purpose-driven in their approach
- Self-motivated and holds themselves to a standard of excellence when completing tasks
- Is flexible and adaptable where needed to achieve results
- Displays high integrity in all situations
- Is diplomatic, professional and person-centered in their interactions
- Is a team player
- Manages stress well and has the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent Communicator
This is a full-time position operating from Mondays to Fridays*:
Monday to Thursday: 08:30am to 17:00pm
Friday: 08:30am to 16:00pm
*Due to the nature of this role, there will be a need to work flexible hours to the extent to which it is reasonably necessary to perform the duties of the WIL CO position.
Please upload a copy of your Identity Document and Curriculum Vitae along with your application.
Applications close on Tuesday 20 June 2023, 17:00pm.