The Communications Officer is required to provide Communications support and services to the business in a way that improves Sea Harvest’s (the Company) reputation amongst its internal stakeholders. The role requires a creative thinker and competent designer who is able to conceptualise and design communication for print and digital platforms.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
Duties include but will not be limited to:
- Design notices, create videos and do layout and design of internal newsletters.
- Produce creative design work in line with verbal or written briefs/requests that meet required quality standards and deadlines.
- Work effectively on multiple projects adhering to budget, time and production constraints.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, when necessary, prepare mock-ups and present draft designs for approval.
- Edit proofs to stakeholders’ specifications and get approval before publishing artwork.
- Ensure that all design work is saved in a central content library.
- Relinquish all intellectual property and design work to the ownership of the employer (Sea Harvest Corporation – a subsidiary of the Sea Harvest Group).
- Creative Design
- Be a good listener who is able to conceptualise designs based on the receipt of verbal and/ or written briefs.
- Conceptualise designs in line with Sea Harvest’s culture and which promotes the company’s reputation as a leading, transformed and responsible company.
- Translate concepts into creative designs and design layout for different communication material, including printed publications, presentations, electronic media, mobile communication and social media.
- Design and produce visual, textual, and animated content that is engaging and promotes the achievement of communications objectives, using Adobe software and Canva.
- Ensure that all designs adhere to the Sea Harvest brand guidelines and promote a positive image of the company that will grow its reputation amongst internal and external stakeholders.
- Photography and Videography
- Capture high quality photos and video footage, and edit videos using Adobe software or online platforms.
- Ensure that written permission is obtained from all people who can be identified in photos and video footage captured and that the permission slips are filed in a systematic manner.
- Content Publishing
- Publish and remove content from various platforms, including noticeboards and SharePoint.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders in a professional and cordial manner.
- Invite, consider and implement useful feedback on design work as and when required.
- Effectively communicate about progress of projects and any issues that may arise.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of internal and external events, if need be.
- Perform other duties not outlined above, as requested by management, which is commensurate with the level of the post
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital design, film, or a related field.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of storyboarding, visual design principals, and animation.
- A complete portfolio of multimedia design content showcasing your skills and experience.
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, MS Office and Adobe creative platforms and Canva.
- A good listener who is able to conceptualise designs based on the receipt of verbal and/ or written briefs.
- Ability to collaborate on long-term projects and design and produce high-end visual, textual, and animated content.
- Artistic with a keen eye for aesthetics and visually appealing content.
- Good English writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously.
Interested parties who meet the above requirements, and possess the attributes stated, may submit a comprehensive CV, along with certified copies of their ID’s and qualification/s to:
The HR Manager
Email: [email protected]