Responsible for the accurate processing of the Full Time and Part Time admissions function from the point of supporting the application process through to graduation, as well as to ensure campus compliance to the relevant policies of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE).
Minimum of a National Diploma/Advanced Certificate (NQF Level 6).
Advanced Diploma or Degree (NQF Level 7) advantageous.
Minimum of 2 years administrative experience (ideally with admissions experience).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Student Application and Admission Administration:
- Collaborates with the campus Student Recruitment team to generate student admissions related queries.
- Follows up with the Student Recruitment team for missing student information in order to finalise all student admissions related queries.
- Evaluates student admissions against the set admission criteria and communicates the appropriate outcomes.
- Liaises with the campus Student Recruitment team during the admission evaluation process and assessment.
- Escalates admission queries to the Senior Admission Officer or Admissions Manager.
- Liaises with the campus Student Recruitment team on the management of admission waitlists.
- Liaises with the campus Student Recruitment team on the management of declined admissions and expired offers and the issuing of new offers of study.
- Documents management and issuance of appropriate admission letters.
- Determines conditions associated with student admission and follows up on them thereafter.
- Determines the eligibility of the admittees onto academic programmes.
- Tracks student admissions through to registration.
- Reports on admission progress to the Senior Admission Officer.
- Adheres to established service level agreements of the admissions process set by the organisation.
- Works with the Finance department on finance related issues of admission.
- Works with the Senior Admission Officer to ensure admission compliance for the campus.
- Works with the Admissions Manager on national admission projects.
Student Registration Administration:
- Checks pre-requisites for 1st to 2nd semester.
- Verifies registrations against the admission criteria.
- Checks the accuracy of student registration information on an ongoing basis.
- Manages the de-registration and transfer process, and thereafter sends to the Finance department for processing.
- Checks the National Senior Certificate (NSC) exception reports on a weekly basis.
- Follows up on all outstanding documentation and uploads once received.
- Determines eligibility and captures academic credits.
- Determines maximum completion time and credit load of such registrations.
- Allocates student grouping in line with campus scheduling requirements.
- Maintains student files for a period of two years before archiving the files in line with the data retention regulations of the Protection of Personal Information Act (PoPIA).
- Ensures compliance of international students from a document perspective.
- Adheres to the International Student Policy/Procedure and updates reports regularly.
- Re-audits all registration files in line with the stipulated deadline for the Data Verification Report.
- Re-audits all registration files by the audit date stipulated by the Registrar, this would include the following; the South African Qualifications Authority SAQA / Universities South Africa (USAF) qualifications, study visas and all conditional acceptance – including remarks, international Students and all outstanding documentation.
- Tracks and monitors conditional admissions throughout the year such as one module outstanding / Universities South Africa (USAF) / South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) / combined National Senior Certificate (NSC ) / study visas and all other ad hoc conditional admissions.
- Adheres to the established service level agreements of the registration process set by the organisation.
- Drafts letters for current students such as; Proof of Registration letters, Travel letters, Medical Aid letters, Universities South Africa (USAF) letters, SAQA letters and Study Permit letters.
- Determines eligibility of the graduation cohort including late graduation.
- Identifies and advises of any students who are graduating outside of their graduation year (exception graduates).
- Verifies student information for prospective graduates.
- Checks the graduation programme for sign off.
- Ensures that graduation timelines are met.
- Processes assigned admission, graduation & registration tickets received via the student tickets system.
Reports & Other:
- Facilitates continuous communication with the Assistant Registrar in relation to resolving the Registrar related queries.
- Complies with The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) legislation relevant to the Admission Centre.
- Performs other ad hoc administrative and/or reporting duties as and when required.
- Superior interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer proficiency
- Planning skills
- Time management skills
- Deadline and results driven
- Best suited to a friendly, organised and systematic person who has an eye for detail and who works accurately and is able to handle pressure.
- Campus Environment
- Must be able to work on evenings and Saturdays when required.
- Preferably equity candidate.