Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The successful candidate will be required to provide direct clinical services within the scope of work as part of Anova facility-based DSD team and assist facilities to reach their 959595 targets. To provide supervision to Facility and Community based teams in terms of case finding, case management and retention activities when carrying out their duties.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform PICT for clients presenting at health facilities and/or their partners; and appropriate referral;
- Screen clients for STIs, TB, Hypertension, Diabetes and refer for provision of symptomatic management;
- Provide phlebotomy services for baseline bloods (pre-ART patients), VL and other monitoring bloods for patients already on ART in decanted modalities or general follow-up care
- Supervise the implementation of Anova’s APACE support activities at facility and community level, in line with 959595 strategy and workplan
- Support Anova and/or DOH counsellors providing case finding and linkage to care services as well as adherence club
- Supervise IQC, PT and other RTCQI activities at facility and community level
- Supervise and perform monitoring activities including updating of registers and collection of statistics and validating of data
- Track laboratory results and ensure appropriate distribution, capturing and filing thereof
- Adhere to individual target requirements as per team lead/supervisor directive and maintain data collection requirements
- Together with Clinician and Community Project Coordinator, attend to meetings with community leaders, community members and other stakeholders
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Enrolled Nursing qualification
- At least 3 years’ experience in Enrolled Nurse duties
- At least 3 years’ experience in HIV or public health environment
- Able to demonstrate ability to manage data collection and reporting
- Computer Literate – MS Office Packages (MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent Communication skills and ability to speak one of the local languages, English, Afrikaans and IsiXhosa
- Valid driver’s license is an advantage
- Innovative, organized, analytical and excellent interpretation data skills
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS prevention and community health issues
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail
Closing date 13 June 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za