A position have become vacant for a Legal Assistant, based at the Helderkruin office.
The main responsibility is reviewing contracts, drafting relevant documents, and providing legal advice for all relevant parties’ business.
- Draft, review, negotiate and finalise various commercial agreements from the all the divisions within the Group
- Prepare and Negotiation of contracts and Manage of Contractual changes.
- Review and keep updated standard contractual templates.
- Review tenders in conjunction with the tender department to highlight legal and operational risks.
- Ensure compliance with the Group’s policies/procedures and standards.
- Provide compliance and general legal support as and when required
- Keep abreast and advise the business on various legislative changes affecting the business
- Manage legal business matters pertaining to the organization.
- Provide legal and administrative support to the Head Group Legal Counsel.
- Liaise with external legal service provider/s and other key stakeholders on legal and related matters.
Qualifications, experience, and other competencies required:
- Grade 12/Matric Certificate.
- B. Com Degree is essential.
- Must have at least five years post article experience at a law firm or Legal department in a Public entity.
- Sound knowledge of Government legislation, policies, and procedures.
- Must be computer literate. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Corporate/Executive support, reporting and support and experience will be advantageous.
- Valid and unendorsed motor vehicle driver’s license.
- Above average computer literacy in MS Office suite.
- Own vehicle and ability to travel, as and when required.
- Administration, interpersonal communication, and customer liaison skills are required.
- Clear criminal record and no pending cases.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal of all information & platforms;
- Fantastic organisational skills, detail-oriented and structuring tasks;
- Ability to work independently or in a team and meet deadlines;
- High Confidentiality and Integrity;
- Analytical tinker with detailed research and co-ordination proficiencies;
- Ability and knowledge of databases and tracking systems and the implementation thereof;
- Ability to grasp and interpret legal documents;
- Excellent Time Management, Processing Details, and Investigating Issues;
- Strong IT skills;
- Dealing with internal and External Stakeholders;
- Adjusting to change, creating Innovation, and evaluating problems;
- Giving support and Providing leadership
- Showing Resilience and Driving Success;
- Providing Leadership and Building Relationships;
- Multi-Tasking and delegations Capabilities.
CV’s can be send to Lorrain Labuschagne – [email protected]
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is always given to existing employees and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful