Faircape Health provides the full continuum of care at six world-class healthcare facilities located on-site at six luxury, retirement villages.
The services of experienced, compassionate Carers for day shifts are required at our facility Onrus Manor –Hermanus. The successful incumbent will administer care to patients inclusive of frail, mental health, sub-acute and assisted living.
If you would like to work for a dynamic and reputable retirement group and have a passion for care then this is the job for you. To ensure high quality patient care, we also invest in continuous development of our staff, which includes both internal and external training.
Duties include but is not limited to the following:
The Carer is responsible according to the approved care plan by directly providing practical, physical, social and emotional care for residents at the healthcare centre. Carers contribute to the creation of a therapeutic and relaxing environment within the healthcare facility.
Patient Care (according to care plan)
- Attend to all activities as per the ECP care plan per resident and chart activity accordingly, including but not limited to personal hygiene, incontinence, dress, feeding and companionship
- Maintain safe and therapeutic environment for all residents in terms of care plan and their personal diagnosis
Company Policies & Procedures
- Maintain awareness, understanding and adherence to company rules, policies and procedures
- Treat all residents with respect and dignity
- Comply to all company policies and procedures regarding infection control
- Maintain good personal hygiene as per the relevant policies and procedures
Health & Safety
- Comply with company health and safety standards in terms of activities of work
- Be aware of duty of care and measures to protect vulnerable residents
- Report any health and safety contraventions to the Duty Sister
- Watch patient cameras as per procedure and rotate with other carers on camera watch
Education and Qualifications:
- Acknowledged Carer training from reputable organisation advantageous
- SETA accreditation will be an advantage
- Proven experience as a Carer or experience in a similar environment
Skills and Knowledge:
- Skilled in basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of caring principles in caring for the aged, this includes:
- Core carer competency skills
- Dementia care
- Palliative care
- Rehabilitative care
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Work well with the elderly and have compassion for caring for them
- Work well within a team and independently
- Able to work under pressure
- Be accepting of change within the role of caring, as the need arises
- Maintain positive relationships with all (resident, families, colleagues)
- Have the ability to make good decisions, think objectively, make decisions and prevent medico-legal risks
- Accountable and responsible
- Ability to follow healthcare procedures and understand the purpose of procedures
- Listening abilities
- Carrying out instructions
- Excellent physical health and stamina
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
- Vaccinated against covid-19 or prepared to be vaccinated prior to commencing work
Working Hours: Normal working days are Mondays to Sundays, according to the duty roster. You will be required to work 16.25 shifts per month. Shifts are from 19h00 unil 07h00.
Salary from R 5,000 Cost to Company per month
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.