One of the top leading automotive company is looking for a Brand controller to Manage the financial performance of the brands in accordance with agreed targets, develop and implement corrective actions where necessary. Provides a steering in the development and implementation of strategies and initiatives to increase overall profitability within the agreed business objectives for the brands. Develop and implement corrective actions to ensure the optimization’s of profitability.
Purpose of the Role
- Managing and approving Tactical & Dealer Performance Bonus Incentive payouts to dealers. Responsible for ensuring that the incentive budget is utilized strategically and optimally.
- Supporting negotiations with direct customers in order to ensure volume targets are met.
- Monitoring and approving overhead budget expenditure to ensure overheads are spent strategically and optimally within budget parameters.
- Responsible for all inputs into the forecast, planning round and budget. These include pricing, overheads, new product introductions, incentives, capex, headcount and stockholding.
- Analyzing and optimizing’s volume, type and model mix of forecast wholesale volumes to optimise profitability and stock holding levels.
- Analysing and controlling the brand’s headcount, capex, yard, and bond stock.Conducting and approving project studies for new product and option introductions.
- Regular review of product introductions to ensure profit target is achieved.Implementation and maintenance of processes and controls surrounding all financial elements of the brand, including payment approval of overheads and incentives.
- Regular liaising and reporting to brand head office, brand heads and management on all financial matters concerning the brand.
- Ensuring that the Brands are compliant to all guidelines and adheres to codes of good corporate governance.
- Leading, managing and developing reporting staff by setting work related objectives, appraising performance and behaviour where necessary.
- Initiating or providing specialist training to maximise the potential of individuals within the relevant functions to maintain high levels of productivity and motivation.
Minimum experience & qualifications required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce / Financial Management / Accounting or equivalent. Minimum 5 to 8 years financial experience gained in the motor or related industry.
- Post-graduate qualification / Honours degree in Finance or Accounting.
- CA (SA) or similar professional accounting qualification.
- Sound understanding of financial principles.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Networking and customer relationship management skills.
- Quick and sound decision-making skills.
- Well-developed negotiation skills.
- Change management and facilitation skills.
Skills & Attributes
- Must be innovative, resourceful, action-oriented and analytical minded.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to operate independently and work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent end-user computer skills with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and Power point.