We are looking for a Health and Safety Officer to join our team. The incumbent will be responsible to oversee SHE activities in the factory, ensure compliance with applicable legislation, ensure that SOP’s/RA are in place and adhered to, and to assist with the implementation, maintenance, certification and auditing of an Integrated Management System (IMS) based on ISO 9 001:2015, ISO 45000:2018 and ISO 14 001:2015 principles.
The successful candidate will be required to work within a multi-disciplinary team to achieve the overall HSE objectives of the business.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Develop, implement, and maintain SHE policies and procedures specific to the activities on Site.
- Factory and site inspections, auditing and reporting.
- Conduct training and raising awareness.
- Incident investigating, reporting and management.
- Overall HSE compliance on site
- National Diploma in Safety Management or National Diploma Environmental Health. BTech in either field will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ working experience.
- Computer literacy – Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point or similar.
- Minimum SAMTRAC is preferable.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Incident/Accident management
- In-depth knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act No of 1993 and regulations.
- Strong administrative skills required.
- Ability to plan his/her activities and to meet project deadlines.
- Good presentation skills.
- Good report writing skills
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment Skills (HIRA).
- Computer literacy – good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work in a team but also to work independently.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Sense of urgency – initiate, complete and follow through on tasks,
- Good communicator.
- Ability to stay calm under stressful conditions
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Passionate about his/ her field of expertise.
- Robust, energetic and goal orientated.