SUMMARY AND PRIMARY OBJECTIVES
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Test Analyst to join our team and play a crucial role in the testing and quality assurance of our Techno services. As a Senior Test Analyst, you will be responsible for manual testing, integration testing, and defining and implementing automation testing strategies and hands on automation scripting and maintenance of scripts timeously. You’ll work closely with delivery team (software solution architects, BA’s, Developers, Scrum Masters, and Product Owners) to understand more about what each function is meant to do, its key features and who will use it by aligning with Agile methodology and principles.
SCOPE OF WORK: DELIVERABLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Agile experience (Strong) Scrums, planning, behaviors
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test automation scripts for the applications.
- Perform manual testing to validate the functionality, usability, and performance of the applications across different browsers and devices.
- Conduct integration testing to ensure seamless interaction between various components and systems.
- Define and implement effective automation testing strategies, frameworks, and tools to improve testing efficiency and coverage.
- Collaborate with the development team to identify, reproduce, and report software defects and track their resolution.
- Work closely with business analysts and product owners to understand requirements and provide input during the development process to ensure testability and quality.
- Analyze test results, identify trends, and communicate findings to stakeholders, including management, development team, and Scrum Master
- Mentor and guide junior team members in testing best practices, methodologies, and tools.
- Stay updated with the latest testing trends, technologies, and best practices to continuously improve the testing process.
- Conduct environment health check, data validation before start of the test execution phase. Make sure both are fit for purpose. Make sure test lab is ready for execution.
- Ensure that all assigned tasks are completed as per overall test strategy and governance of the Programme.
- Provide Test Manager with timely status reports, risks, and issues for different phases of testing activities.
- Post-test execution phase, participate in root cause analysis, and implement action items with a view to continuous improvement.
- Maintain the entire project related documents and TCOE deliverables in the centrally located SharePoint link & TCOE Database
- To prepare and maintain relevant test documentation, including test cases and scripts, activity schedules, narrative and written reports, and visual progress charts
- Develop UAT scenarios / Test cases in conjunction with business users and manage UAT defects and sign off. To provide a status report on the agreed template frequently as agreed upon to.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements
- Relevant certifications, such as ISTQB Certified Tester.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
- Experience with software applications on mobile platforms and the web.
- Proficiency in defining and implementing automation testing frameworks, using industry-standard tools such as Selenium, UFT, or similar.
- Hands on experience in any of the automation scripting languages such as Java, VB Scripting.
- Must be familiar with Service management issues and practices.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet project deadlines.
- Basic/intermediate network knowledge and experience
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
- Ability to think and interact logically
- A natural curiosity
- The ability to work in a team and to be proactive around self-learning.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to assist with additional tasks given to the team
- Good judgment skills
- Behavioral traits such as attitude, motivation, and time management
- Be prepared to perform standby duties and work irregular hours if required