Rosebank College, the Independent Institute of Education (The IIE) is one of the leading private higher education institutions in the country registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training. For over 70 years IIE Rosebank College has delivered quality tertiary education to students across South Africa. Situated in bustling cities, IIE Rosebank College embraces the same vibrant environment which allows over 20 000 students to connect with the heart of the institution. Our exceptional growth is creating a once in a life-time opportunities to suitable incumbents.
Co-ordinates, plans and schedules the day-to-day activities of ICT support staff and assists the team to provide technical and training support services. Provides on the job training to team members and feedback regarding job performance and progress. Co-ordinates systems installations and assists to retrieve stored data. Investigates and resolves system malfunctions or escalates accordingly. Consults with staff to achieve effective problem resolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts daily checks on the IT infrastructure (LAN, WLAN, WAN) to monitor up time requirements and ensures that systems are running optimally.
- Installs new servers when required.
- Coordinates the deployment of systems and infrastructure within the campus.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot hardware and software issues that are escalated from ICT Supports.
- Maintains campus software licences and ensures that campus equipment is licenced correctly.
- Ensures that critical and security updates are applied to servers and workstations.
- Ensure that the campus has the necessary IT support during regular operational hours.
- Coordinates Campus IT staff activities.
- Oversees and allocates service desk requests accordingly.
- Coordinate acquisition of IT Hardware / Software to ensure optimal resources are always available and in place to meet the needs of the campus.
- 3-Year Diploma (NQF6) in Information Technology
- At least 3 years’ experience as ICT Support/Service Desk agent
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Systems
- Experience in an academic setting will be advantageous.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Available to work on a Saturday.
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Deadline orientated and can work well under pressure.
- Be able to work in a team environment.
- Effective communication skills
Classes are scheduled from 08h00am until 17h00pm, Monday to Friday.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact the Nelson Mandela Bay Campus on 041 101 1985
Rosebank College is an equal opportunities employer however preference will be given to EE and South African candidates.