Dis-Chem Pharmacies Distribution Centre Midrand has an opportunity available for a DC Driver – Code 8 to join the team. The main purpose of this role is to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of required goods to the correct customer in order and good condition.
- Grade 12 / Matric.
- S.A. Driver’s License Code 08.
- Professional Driving Permit (PDP).
- 2 years driving experience in a Distribution, Logistics or Supply Chain environment.
- Ensure efficient and accurate delivery of required goods to the correct customer in order and good condition.
- Ensure the right products get delivered to the right store/customer at the right time.
- Adhere to store and/or warehouse loading and unloading policies and procedures.
- Verify all TU’s listed on the truck manifest are correctly and accurately offloaded at the store.
- Ensure that all collections/store returns/Inter-branches are correctly checked, signed for and returned to the Dispatch area.
- Ensure the returns of empty pallets, totes and recyclable cardboard and plastic are accurately recorded and loaded.
- Ensure all DLS’s / trip sheets, presented to store management are correct and that they have been signed.
- Ensure to act as a professional representative of the company and adhering to the company uniform policy.
- Inspect the Van as per weekly vehicle check list for any defects and safe operational conditions daily. Report any concerns to the Dispatch Manager.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Deadline driven.
- Trustworthy and honest
Special conditions of employment:
- South African or valid work permit
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Working outside in the elements
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.