This leading South African publisher and agent for British and American publishers, has an opening in the Finance Department for a Creditors Clerk who will be based in Johannesburg. The successful candidate will provide a clerical and administrative service in respect of creditors’ accounts to ensure sound and accurate financial procedures.
• Grade 12, Diploma / degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or a closely related field;
• At least 3 years’ experience in creditor’s administration and reconciliations;
• Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications;
• General knowledge of the creditors processes is essential;
• Must have good knowledge of reconciling accounts;
• Sound knowledge of the Foreign Creditors’ process is non-negotiable.
• Prepare payments to foreign creditors and on-demand vendors;
• Reconcile invoices against supplier statement and payment advice;
• Resolve outstanding invoices and other items on reconciliations;
• Process foreign supplier credit notes against claims;
• Ensure all local creditors invoices received are VAT compliant;
• Prepare payment requisitions for local creditors;
• Ensure correct payments are made within agreed terms;
• Timeous and accurate allocation of payments (local and foreign creditors);
• Maintain an efficient filing system with respect to accounting data, records, contracts and invoices;
• Extract information and data for the analysis of accounts, consolidate information and prepare spreadsheets for the accountant or business unit;
• Provide periodic reports and reconciliation supporting schedules as directed from time to time; and
• Assist in preparing monthly accounting schedules and reports in line with audit requirements;
• Assist with ad-hoc finance admin;
• Manage the company’s petty cash accounts;
• Assist with month-end process.
Skills and competencies:
• Attention to detail
• Good written communication skills
• Good verbal communication skills
• Good telephone etiquette
• Good problem-solving ability
• Pressure resilience
• Excellent numeracy skills
• Results orientation
• Good capturing and accuracy skills.
• Ability to work as a team.
• Good timekeeping and organizing skills
The company offers a competitive salary, as well as membership to the Retirement Fund.
Anyone who is interested in applying for this position and who meets the requirements of the post may direct an application in the form of a comprehensive CV on our online application system.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 09 JUNE 2023
Only short-listed candidates will be interviewed.
Given our employment equity guidelines, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.