Direct Reporting Line:
Programme Manager: Humanities and Social Sciences
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE’s Varsity College, Waterfall Campus has a Part-time Lecturer vacancy in the School of Humanities and Social Sciences, for the following qualification for the 2023 academic year:
- IIE Honours (Psychology)
- Communication Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Effective Time Management
- Open to Development
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Masters in Clinical, Counselling Psychology or Educational or equivalent degree (Or Doctorate equivalent).
Minimum Work Experience Requirements:
- Experience working as a Psychologist in the Clinical, Counselling, Research, Educational contexts etc.
- Lecturing/Tutoring experience in above-mentioned module (at least at Honours level). Experience in conducting psychotherapy assessments.
- Please note that this is an Independent Contractor role.
- Positions are part-time, with lectures taking place between 8:00 and 17:00