The Faircape Group constitutes a group of companies with interests in a number of activities including Healthcare, Retirement Holdings, Telecommunications, and an ISP, Utility Management and infrastructure installation, Property Management, and related activities.
Faircape Group is currently recruiting for a Buyer Assistant to join our capable team of professionals. The Buyer will be tasked with performing all administration functions within the procurement department as well as negotiating the best prices for material, labour and subcontractors at our construction sites across our Claremont office, our 6 luxury retirement and healthcare facilities in the Western Cape.
The buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on demand.
The Buyer should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure the best prices according to budget. Knowledge of sales and marketing principles is advantageous.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Build relationships with suppliers
- Assist the Senior Buyer to scrutinise costs
- Evaluating and pricing of variations
- Processing construction orders as per the order sheet received from Quantity Surveyor
- Processing requests and orders for healthcare facilities and repairs
- Processing requests and orders for Internal teams dealing with Solar installations, Generators, Water Utility, CCTV Surveillance and ISP service
- Preparation of orders, and emailing to suppliers
- Making sure products/items are delivered on time and meet the required standards
- Ensure all Orders are processed as per the requisitions received
- Ensure the Purchasing system is kept up to date and accurate according to Supplier details and pricing
- Communicate any supply problems to the Senior Buyer
- Provide analysis of costs, new and existing and review cost reduction activities
- Assist Senior Buyer, with contacting suppliers to resolve price issues, quality, delivery or invoice issues
- Submit payment requests to the finance team
- Following up quote requests and approvals
- Tracking and managing stock and issuing
- Processing staff uniform orders, tracking and following up on timeous deliveries
- Weekly stock checks of items stored at Claremont office
- Relevant degree would be an advantage
- Proven work experience in a similar role
- Experience within procurement in the construction industry highly beneficial
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Sound knowledge of construction
- Excellent negotiation and intrapersonal skills
- Ability to organise, plan and strategize
- Great networking abilities
- Computer literate
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong numerical ability
- Must be accurate
- Ability to work under pressure
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
We offer Barista produced coffee available all day to all our staff at Claremont.
Normal working hours are Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 until 17h00 with a 45-minute lunch break. The company allows employees, by approval of the direct manager, to work flexi-time between 07h00 and 18h00.
With centrally located and modern offices just across from Cavendish in Claremont, Faircape offers a market-related salary from R 22 000 Cost to Company per month. The amount offered will be dependent on qualifications, experience, and other market-related factors.
To see more about Faircape and what we have to offer go and look at our informative website –
To learn more about Faircape, please see below a link to our Magazine –
If you do not hear from us within two weeks, please deem your application unsuccessful.