We are looking for a skilled and experienced Power BI Developer to join our Analytics & Automation Team. As a Power BI Developer, you will take the lead in a diverse role which provides insights through data analysis and leverages exceptional visualization skills in managing business intelligence, presentation, reporting, and visualization functions.
As the Power BI Developer, you will be expected to have complete knowledge of Business Intelligence [BI] system(s) as well as be responsible for the development and administration of BI system(s)and tools. Your key role is the transformation of raw data into meaningful insights which is accomplished through the building and maintenance of interactive and user-friendly dashboards; building of data models and analyzing of datasets.
The Power BI Developer needs to meet diverse business and client requirements. This role requires extensive knowledge and expertise in business intelligence, databases, and technical aspects of BI tools. More specifically, the requirements for this role as a Power BI Developer are to have:
- A recognised three-year degree, preferably in Statistics, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Actuarial and Financial Mathematics, or related fields.
- Relevant formal, recognized certifications in Power BI.
- Three to five years’ experience working with Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack including: Power BI, SSAS [SQL Server Analysis Services], SSRS [SQL Server Reporting Services] and SSIS [SQL Server Integration Services] with in-depth working knowledge of Power BI Desktop, Power BI Service, and Power Query.
- Proficiency in data modelling, DAX formulas, and data visualization best practices.
- Experience extracting data from various sources e.g., databases, APIs, and Excel files.
- Experience as a Data Analyst, or similar role, within a Market Research, marketing, or consumer insights organization would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of tools such as Tableau and DisplayR is advantageous.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically, Teams, Outlook, and Word. Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint are essential.
- General and technical problem-solving abilities
- Project management skills
- Analytical thinker
- Extreme attention to detail
- Multitasking and interpersonal skills
- Continuous improvement approach
- Training abilities and capabilities
- Self-motivated and eager to learn
- Team player, leader, and initiator
- Customer-focused: ability to deal with both internal and external stakeholders [clients]
- Strong writing skills for the development and maintenance of solution documentation.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with clients, business as well as technical teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Data Visualisation and Automation: produce visual outputs for statistical analysis
- To be able to convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide the timeline to accomplish tasks.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders [clients] to understand business requirements in the BI context and design data models to convert raw data to meaningful, visual insights.
- Utilize Power BI, and other tools, to build interactive and visually appealing dashboards and reports.
- Generate data and statistical outputs to update automated data visualization tools like PowerPoint presentations and dashboards.
- Manage the population and generation of reports.
- Develop, maintain, and generate automated reports and dashboards (exports to PowerPoint, Excel, or online tools) as needed.
Analytics: support insights delivery through the application of statistical analysis
- Independently perform all activities related to the design, set-up, running and output of various types of research-related analysis including, but not limited to cleaning data, free text processing, setting up data in statistical tools, running statistical analysis, updating presentations.
- Design, develop, and deploy Power BI scripts and perform efficient detailed analysis.
- To perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI.
- Verify and clean data prior to running analytics.
- Set-up and produce tabular data outputs,
- Set-up and maintain data diaries.
Subject Matter Expert: lead, share knowledge and develop BI capabilities
- Develop and lead the IQbusiness Insights BI capabilities, with a focus on Power BI.
- Act as a self-sufficient expert in solving complex visualization needs.
- Provide technical support and guidance to analysts in executing new or complex BI tasks.
- Educate and assist analysts in leveraging BI tools to enhance their outputs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their visualization and automation needs and provide valuable advice on best practices.
- Stay updated on the latest trends and advancements in BI tools and techniques to ensure the team remains at the forefront of industry standards.
- Applying experience and knowledge to future solution considerations
- Ability to learn and quickly respond to rapidly changing business environment.
Administration: creation and maintenance of business and project documentation
- Documenting, designing, and modeling solutions and explaining, representing, and discussing the same with the team.
- Transform business requirements into technical documentation. Maintenance of documentation with scope and other changes.
- Development and administration of all BI system(s)and tools which includes making technical changes to existing BI systems in order to enhance their working.
When applying for this position, please provide a portfolio showcasing Power BI projects you were personally involved in. Your portfolio should demonstrate your expertise in utilizing Power BI to generate meaningful insights and drive business and client value. Include a list of projects you have worked on, detailing your role and the outcomes achieved. Please provide a brief description of each project, including the purpose, data sources used, specific challenges faced, and the impact of your Power BI solutions. Your portfolio will allow us to assess your experience and proficiency in Power BI and understand how your contributions have made a difference in previous roles and projects.
As all IQbusiness roles require honesty in the handling of or access to cash, finances, financial systems, or confidential information; our recruitment process requires that the following background checks be completed: credit, criminal, ID, and qualification verification.
IQbusiness is committed to sustainable growth and transformation, we embrace diversity and employ previously disadvantaged individuals