Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and managing, channelling clients to social workers, referring clients to resources and conveying information, offering psychosocial care and support services, conducting educational and prevention groups and carrying out home visits in paediatric, adolescents and young people living with HIV and their caregivers in City of Johannesburg district facilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Child and Adolescent Disclosure in the context of HIV
- Identify Children and Adolescents living with HIV that still need disclosure.
- Identify parents/caregivers that need support to disclose to their children/adolescents.
- Facilitate support groups in facilities with emphasis on children and adolescents living with HIV.
Facilitating referral of children and adolescents living with HIV to resource systems
- Design, maintain and distribute referral resource list to facilities.
- Ensure feedback between facilities and organizations of referred cases.
Adherence/Retention of children and adolescents
- Provide one-on-one counselling sessions to caregivers and children and adolescents living with HIV.
- Provide training and mentorship to facility and other staff on adherence and disclosure, support group facilitation, referral system and adherence.
- Support and oversee peer supporters in the project.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Matric/Grade 12 certificate and Social Auxiliary Work certificate recognized by the Health and Welfare Sector Education and Training Authority (HWSETA) and enrolled in Social Work degree.
- Must have at least 2-5 years’ experience working with PLHIV (people living with HIV).
- Training in KidzAlive, Integrated Access to Care and Treatment (I-ACT) and NAS (National Adherence Strategy) an advantage
Skills, Competencies, and Attributes:
- Must have experience working in HIV/AIDS programmes and supervision of staff.
- Good presentation and excellent communication skills and good report writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za