Anova is an NGO that empowers people and changes lives. Good health and quality of life is what motivates us to provide healthcare solutions and support for those who need it most. The successful candidate will develop and implement activities aimed at strengthening HIV testing, care, and support in and outside DoH health facilities.Key duties and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of 90-90-90(95-95-95) TB/HIV activities at primary healthcare level.
- Initiate eligible patients on ART and provide follow-up care.
- Mentor professional nurses to competency level (and enrolled nurses where required) at DoH facilities on Nurse-Initiated-Management of HIV (NIMART).
- Provide training with new HIV and TB guidelines, protocols, and SOPs, supporting facility teams with implementation plans and strategies, including monitoring of successful implementation.
- Supervise and oversee Anova DSD Professional and Enrolled Nurses working in supported facilities.
- Monitor performance and targets for TB/Adult, Pediatric and Adolescent HIV/PMTCT programmes at primary healthcare level and provide mentorship and technical support to improve performance.
- Identify gaps within the health system and implement quality improvement plans to address identified gaps.
- Facilitate implementation of chronic treatment clubs/adherence clubs and implementation of the National Adherence strategy in primary healthcare facilities.
- Participate in outreach campaigns aimed at mobilising clients for HIV testing services, initiation of ARVs, uptake of contraceptives, etc.
- Participate in preparation and attendance for USAID visit at the supported facility and follow up on facility USAID action items to oversee their implementation in supported facilities.
- Review facility Phuthuma performance indicators and develop improvements plans for non-performing indicators.
- Compile and submit weekly and monthly feedback reports on activities to line manager timeously and any other report as per request.
Essential qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Postgraduate qualification as a Professional Nurse with Primary Health Care specialty (Nurse Clinician).
- Registration as a professional Nurse with the South African Nursing Council.
- Experience working in primary healthcare facilities in the public sector.
- NIMART trained and certified as competent to work independently.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing HIV-positive patients.
- Familiar with latest HIV Management, TB and PMTCT guidelines.
- Ability to travel within Johannesburg & Sedibeng Health District.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Relationship management.
- Strong organisational skills, including time management and multi-tasking skills.
Closing date: 01 June 2023
In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Preference will be given to persons with disabilities.
Anova Health Institute is a provider of essential health services and therefore has a mandatory vaccination policy. Should your application be successful, you will be required to submit your proof of vaccination before commencing employment in the role.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.
Unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be paid agency fees should their candidate be placed at Anova.
For more information on Anova visit our website: www.anovahealth.co.za