MTS’s external Medical Practice Management solutions client is looking for an Intermediate C# Integration Software Developer with strong API experience. As Intermediate C# Integration Software Developer, you will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the company’s flagship product. You will work closely with the development team, utilizing your skills in C# .Net Framework/Core, APIs, REST, SOAP (WCF/ASMX), various data acquisition layers, and TCP/IP/HTTP-based communications to enhance and develop the integration aspects of the solution.
- Support and maintain the integration aspects of the electronic Practice Management solution.
- Participate in the development of new features and functionality using C# .Net Framework/Core, API’s, REST, SOAP (WCF/ASMX), various data acquisition layers, and TCP/IP/HTTP-based communications.
- Collaborate with the development team to identify and resolve issues and enhance the functionality of the product, providing production support in troubleshooting, issue resolution and root cause analysis to resolve any defects that may arise.
- Refactor and enhance existing integration application software, based on software requirement specifications and coding standards.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and best practices in integration development to ensure that the product remains innovative and competitive, ensuring the quality of the integration of the product.
- Continuously improve code quality by following coding standards, writing clean code, and participating in code reviews.
- Ensure that the solutions developed are aligned with the company’s security and compliance requirements.
- Work alongside Testers to test, debug and improve faulty application code, identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these issues.
Experience as an Integration Software Developer with at least 4 years software development experience;
- 3-5 Years’ experience in C# .Net Framework.
- 2 Years’ experience in C# .Net Core.
- 3-5 Years’ hands-on experience with complex integration projects, making use of API’s, REST, SOAP (WCF/ASMX) and various data acquisition layers.
- An in-depth understanding of TCP/IP/HTTP-based communications and modern API design (JSON/XML), protocols and technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of and working experience with object-oriented design principles and common design patterns.
- Expertise in building scalable, service applications using Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with databases and data architecture (Microsoft SQL, NoSQL i.e., MongoDB).
- Grade 12/Matric mathematics at higher grade.
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code that is easy to understand and modify.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience with medical industry API standards (PHISC, HL7, FHIR, EDI) is beneficial.
- Experience working with MVC and MVVM architectural patterns is beneficial.
- Experience working with MS Azure cloud implementations is beneficial.
- Experience with dependency injection is beneficial.
- Experience in branching version control (Microsoft DevOps, Team Foundation Server).
- Experience with agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban).
- Proficiency in unit testing and test-driven development (TDD) practices.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) practices.
- Experience working in the medical, financial, or insurance industry.