M24 Logistics, a subsidiary of Media24, currently requires the services of a DC Coordinator.
We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as a DC Coordinator: Outbound, reporting to the General Manager: Ecommerce Operations. The position will be based in our Cape Town site at Montague Gardens.
The main purpose of the role:
To control and manage the workflow of employees at the dispatch and export department. Ensuring that the distribution of parcels from the confirmation tables to dispatch cage/ couriers are met with and the quality requirement and accuracy of the finished parcel leaving the warehouse within the service level agreement per client, to meet the cut-off times of couriers.
• Monitor all dispatch reports, to resolve discrepancies in order to facilitate a flow of parcels from production to the couriers.
• Assisting with the ordering of packaging.
• Ensure that the packaging count is accurately done and communicated to customer services.
• Monitor and oversee import and export deliveries.
• Ensure that bonded export stock is sitting at the correct place.
• Monitoring of workflow on the conveyor belt on outbound.
• Ensure that controllers test equipment/workstations including the volumizer to ensure that all is in good standing for the day’s production, follow the prescribed process to timeously repair discrepancies.
• To coordinate with outsourced services providers to ensure all workstations are staffed
• Monitor and ensure that controllers Investigate and resolve customer queries in conjunction with the customer services department and other stakeholders
• Ensure that the returns process of cancelled orders to inbound/ stock control happens daily.
• Take accountability of damaged inventory from different areas in the distribution centre, correct inventory levels on the system and process administrative tasks, and relocate to damaged zone;
• Provide input for daily, weekly, and monthly scheduled and ad-hoc reporting e.g. consolidation of inventory adjustments reports, compile report on space utilization;
• Participate in wall to wall cycle count, including coordinating the issuing of cycle schedules, verifying the count accuracy during the process, investigating discrepancies, and following it up with necessary adjustments;
• Ensure that controllers do general filing and administrative duties as required for risk and audit purposes;
• Proactively keeping an awareness of possible inventory misplacement to be rectified and reported;
• General Housekeeping within the inventory area.
Skills and competencies:
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving
• Computer literacy
• Good verbal and written communication
• Completed matric certificate
• Diploma or degree in Supply Chain Management or similar
• At least 5 years’ experience in warehousing within a distribution environment
• Relevant experience in Ecommerce, B2B & B2C or Retail
• Proficiency in relevant software packages and applications.
The candidate will be expected to travel to Johannesburg for an extended period for training purposes.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.