Direct Reporting Line:
Varsity College is an educational brand of The Independent Institute of Education (The IIE). The IIE enjoys the reputation of being at the forefront of private higher education in South Africa and is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) to provide higher education qualifications accredited by the Council on Higher Education (CHE).
The IIE Varsity College Pretoria Campus has a part-time lecturer vacancy available for the School of Law for the 2023 academic year:
- Lecturer: Operating Systems (Independent contractor)
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Assertiveness and dynamism
- Understanding of customer service in education
- Demonstrate an ability to manage work and self proactively.
Minimum Education Requirements:
- Minimum Requirement: Honours in Information Systems/ Computer Science/Information Technology / Computing / Engineering (with IT, Data/Telecommunications, or similarly related modules)
- Honours degree in one of the IT/computer related fields with networking or a similarly related field to the third-year level.
- A bachelor’s degree with networking or a similarly related field to the third-year level PLUS a postgraduate diploma in a related field or in education.
Minimum work experience:
- Lecturing experience in tertiary education
- Java, C#
- React Native
- Positions are part-time, with lectures taking place between 08:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday
- CVs should be a maximum of two pages.
- On your covering page, please specify your availability to lecture, as well as the subject areas in which you are qualified to lecture.
- Provide a motivational letter as well as certified copies of your transcript(s), qualifications, and ID.
- Where applicable, details of work permit must be included in your application.
- Owing to the volume of CVs received, we may not be able to personally contact all applicants. Only individuals whose qualifications and skills most closely match the position requirements will be contacted for interviews.
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent Residents of South Africa in possession of proof of permanent resident status and residing in Pretoria.
Closing date for applications is 31 May 2023.
Any applications submitted after the closing date will not be considered.