You will be responsible for maintaining Engineering Equipment to world class standards while providing support to the Maintenance Coordinator. You will support the team in embedding maintenance processes within the organization with the key deliverables of maintaining the Integrity of the Plant. You will maintain, repair, and optimize plant and associated devices to ensure plant availability and product quality at minimum cost.
- Operational Support – Provide specialist support to the shift-based teams during operations. Where requested assist as a functional expert in problem solving.
- Running Repairs – Partake in carrying out repairs on plant equipment
- Problem Solving – Where problems have occurred during routine activities, apply the correct problem-solving approach to resolve problems.
- Planned Maintenance – Take part in maintenance planning meetings, contributing suggestions, and clarifying work required.
- Housekeeping & Safety – Operate in a safe manner at all times, identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected.
- Always ensure Plant availability of >95%
- Ensure all compliance standards are met
- Qualified Fitter / relevant Trade Test qualification
- NTC3, with matric Maths and science
- Knowledge of Maintenance Systems and Engineering standards
- Knowledge of High-Speed Packaging Machinery
- Computer literacy (Excel – intermediate, Word and PowerPoint)
- 5 years relevant experience
- Industry – FMCG minimum of 3-year experience
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of other equipment eg fillers, conveyors, elevators, centrifugal & other pumps, pipelines, water reticulation equipment, etc.
- Practical knowledge and experience of lathe work (turning) welding (arc, argon, gas, brazing & soldering) and cutting
- Practical knowledge and experience of a maintenance management system eg Pragma or DMS would be advantageous.
Tiger Brands is proudly Africa’s largest listed manufacturers of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG). We impact lives every day with our iconic, award-winning brands. Our core business is the manufacture, market and distribute everyday branded food and beverages. Our products are relevant across every meal occasion and are well positioned to grow.
Being a food company means we’re an intimate part of everybody’s daily lives and that’s why we get loud and proud about exploring further, roaring louder and growing together.