To steer News24’s political coverage in conjunction with the political team and senior editors. A senior political reporter who is well-versed in the political dynamics of South Africa and will set the agenda with his/her reportage and analysis of the political landscape.
– At least five years’ experience of working as a journalist in South Africa;
– A relevant tertiary qualification;
– Proven portfolio of political reportage that sets the agenda;
– Solid experience of digital platforms and passion for working in an online environment.
– Excellent writing skills
Skills & Competencies The ideal candidate has an excellent knowledge and understanding of the South African political landscape and a proven network of sources. The successful candidate has proven that he/she can analyse and interpret political events at high speed and has a passion for telling stories on digital platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities
– Report on the most important and note-worthy political stories of the day.
– Generate exclusive political stories and interviews for News24 on a weekly basis;
– Cooperate with the politics team and news editors in setting the political agenda;
– Initiate ideas for political investigations and analysis on a regular basis;
– Report on political events and regularly write opinion and analysis pieces for News24.
– Participate and host in News24 live broadcasts and other multimedia offerings.
Given the employment equity policy of Media24, preference will be given to suitable candidates from the designated groups.