An opportunity has arisen at De Beers Marine (DBM) in Cape Town for a recent Electronic / Software Engineering graduate.
DBM is based in Cape Town, South Africa and is part of the De Beers Group.
Activities managed include Marine exploration, geophysical surveys, sampling, mining, ship conversion, upgrades and maintenance, large project management, engineering design and mining system equipment builds.
DBM executes world leading R&D in marine mining practices resulting in the most successful and advanced marine mining equipment and operations globally.
DESCRIPTION OF THE JOB:
De Beers Marine requires the services of Electronic Software Engineer. The responsibilities for this position are the development of bespoke geophysical, positioning and sonar-based visualization and mining control systems.
The work is primarily focused on software development using C# to create technically orientated systems in marine mining for example, sub-sea positioning systems, acquisition of remote sensing and instrumentation data, combination of remote sense data with mining system instrumentation to create mining visualization and control applications.
The work includes front end application development, interfacing with instrumentation, signal and image processing, 3D visualization.
The electronic engineering aspects of the position are at a system level, integrating sensors, positioning and communication hardware rather than low level hardware or firmware development.
The nature of the work involves innovating and problem solving. The role involves a high degree of individual contribution, and good application at both a practical as well as theory level.
As the position involves development of marine mining related systems the incumbent will be required to undertake testing and commissioning of these systems at sea.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Software application development in C#, C++, etc..
- Integration of electronic equipment and sensors into subsea systems
- Analysis of business / technical problems
- Image and signal processing
- Research and development activities related to the above
- Theoretical and practical acumen in electronics, software engineering, signal processing, image processing, machine vision.
- Strong software development experience in C# in Visual studio or C++.
- Experience in working with electronic workshop tools and equipment.
- Interest in the machine learning and AI systems / development of autonomous systems.
- BSc Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computing and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics and Math or similar
- Experience in software development and electronic development.
Closing date: Not indicated
Here is the application link – https://smrtr.io/dCcHH
VIEW FULL ADVERT HERE: